As many of you may know I almost always decline these awards due to a lack of time. I’m so busy with my day job, my photography “job,” and my family, especially this time of year, that I simply do not have the time to fulfill the requirements involved with acceptance.
This time though I’ve decided to half accept the award and answer Swav’s 11 questions, giving some insight into the inner workings behind my lens. Not too scary, I promise.
So, here’s a little more about me than most of you ever wanted to know.
1. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Hiking and trail running. I’ve included both because I sometimes combine the two.
2. What is your best photo taken so far?
That’s easy, THIS one. It won’t ever win any awards. It’s not on my website for sale. It is the one photo nearest my heart.
What do you think is my best photo?
3. What is your current best song?
Right now it’s “Figure it out” by Royal Blood, a duo from the UK. (The video is a bit “out there”)
4. What is your favorite room in your house/apartment?
My wife would say it’s the computer room, since I spend so much time behind the computer, writing, editing photos, and generally doing what I can to promote all things Jeff Sinon Photography. Doing what I can to get my photos in front of as many eyes as possible.
I say it’s the living room, where I can relax, read, or watch T.V. And not be behind the computer!
5. What is your favorite holiday/special event to celebrate?
St. Patrick’s day. Though not because I’ve got plenty of Irish in me, but because it’s my daughters birthday. (I may rethink that once she reaches 21 though. That first night at legal drinking age has me hoping for a nice peaceful coma) :-P
6. Where would you like to go for the adventure of a lifetime?
I would LOVE to dive with great white sharks on the Great Barrier Reef.
7. What is your favorite season of the year?
Winter. Autumn is a close second, but being high in the mountains in the winter, especially around sunset, then the peaceful hike out in the dark afterwards, magical.
8. What is your favorite type of music, that makes you moving/dancing?
Rock. Hard Rock, though not that speed metal crap.
9. What is your favorite activity that you remember from your early days/childhood?
Goofing around in the woods with my friends. Our parents never knew exactly where we were. We would disappear in the morning, not to return home until dinner time most days in the summer. Remember the days when kids could do that without parents freaking out?
10. If your inner talent would speak out or play a song, what kind of song would it be?
I’m not sure, but it would be loud! Maybe a little strange when you consider the peaceful landscapes I photograph.
11. What is your favorite quote/motto, that gives you wings?
The mountains are calling and I must go. ~ John Muir