The Top 9?
Who in the world does a top 9? Well as it turns out, you do.
Back on December 13th I challenged the subscribers to my blog to Tell Me Your Favorite Image From 2012, and one lucky person was going to win an 8″ x 12,” signed print of their favorite. The rules were simple, post a link in the comments section to your favorite Jeff Sinon Photography image that appeared on the blog during 2012. Once the votes were tallied, one lucky winner would be chosen at random.
I have to admit, with 660 followers at last count, I was hoping for a bit more participation, however, I’m not complaining. That there were only 9 votes cast by only 6 people* made less work for me, and the odds of winning went up considerably for those who did take part. That’s a win-win in my book
So here they are, the 9 images chosen as favorites from the images shared during 2012.
And The Winner Is…
Jessica from This One Time At Band Camp…, and the image she chose as her favorite,
Jessica, contact me with your mailing address at your earliest convenience, and an 8″ x 12″ print of “Wavy Green” will be on it’s way!
*For anyone wondering, though a few people voted for more than one image, their names were only placed in the drawing once. Based on the number of individual voters, the odds of winning were 1 in 6.
Thank you all so much, I look forward to another year of making photographs for you all to enjoy!
…And You Could Win It!
It’s almost that time of year again, time to recap 2012 with my 12, give or take, favorite images made over the past year. This year I plan to do something a little different as well. Not only am I going to be sharing my “Top 12 Of 2012,” but with your help I would also like to share the top 12 “Fan Favorite” Jeff Sinon Photography images.
Now here is where the “And You Could Win It” part comes in. As incentive to get you to take part, one lucky person, drawn at random from those who cast a vote, starting today, 12/13/12 and ending 1/5/13, will receive a signed 8″x12″ print of their favorite image, FREE.
Since not all the images I’ve made this year end up on my blog, you are not restricted to only photos I’ve shared here. You may also visit the Jeff Sinon Photography Fan Page, where my most recent photos are often shared first (“Liking” my page, though appreciated, is not required to view photos), or my website, www.jeffsinon.com.
Rules, Gotta Have The Rules. Please read carefully.
1) Any image from any post on the Jeff Sinon Photography blog, written between January 1 and December 31, 2012, is eligible.
Important: Since I almost always share more than one image per blog post, please click on the image you are voting for first, then copy that link to put in your comment. Thank you!
2) Any image shared from my fan page must have come from a post dated between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012.
3) Any image shared from my website must have been taken between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012. (Shooting date can be obtained by clicking on an image, then clicking on “Photo Information.” Hint: photos appear on my website most recently taken first.
4) All votes/links must be entered in the comments section of this post no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5 Hours) Jan. 5th, 2013.
5) The top 12 “Fan Favorite” images along with the lucky winner will be posted no later than 11:59 p.m. on January 12, 2013. The winner will also be posted on my Fan Page. Good reason to become a fan on facebook, or subscribe to my blog so you don’t miss the announcement. At least for the duration of the contest. (You may unfollow/unlike at any time).
6) The winner will have 30 days to contact me with shipping information. Which will only be used to mail their print and then promptly discarded. You’ll never have to worry about unsolicited mail from Jeff Sinon Photography.
I look forward to seeing how your Top 12 compares to mine. Happy voting!
What have I got to be thankful for? Where do I start?
My wonderful wife, who supports me in every way, and is extremely supportive of my efforts to further my photography. Who never, okay, mostly never, complains when I disappear for days on end in pursuit of my next photograph. She truly is my better half.
My beautiful, unbelievably intelligent daughter (above). Nothing gives me greater pleasure than the sparkle in her eyes, and there is no better sound in the world than the sound of her laughter. She is the light of my life.
My camera. My camera has brought me to amazing places, and introduced to some amazing and talented people. It has enabled me to see the natural world around me as never before.
And finally, you, my fans and followers. You all keep me inspired to create new, and better images, to become a better photographer. For all your support I thank you.